Monday, July 30, 2012

Generosity? Or Marketing? Who cares, it's free!

So I had an idea for a very short story that could get right to, more or less, the messing around. While of course it is amazing I didn't feel like it really compared lengthwise to my other books, so although it's silly I felt like I shouldn't charge my regular price. And then I thought, "You know, lots of authors have free books that let people get a taste of their style and see if they like it."

So I wrote up the story and put it up for free!

It's called His Lucky Break and you can find it here:


It's also available on Amazon and Barnes and Noble, but since I won't put it in the KDP Select program I had to charge the minimum, 99 cents on those two outlets. It's a pretty tight little story for 99 cents, if you ask me, and even that's a pretty good deal. But you can read it for free (right from your web browser if you've a mind) on Smashwords. Just my way of saying, "Thanks! And hey, buy some more!"

Because while I am grateful that people buy my books and I'm glad to give them a little something extra, "The first one's free!" has always been good marketing advice.

Heh.

Heh.

Heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment